Wednesday

Self-professed TV junkie

OK, I've sunk to writing about TV again. And I admit that I'm addicted to it, though I am trying not to watch any new shows so I don't get hooked and watch even more TV.

I am getting hooked on Heroes though. It's just my kind of show - a cross between Lost and X-men.

Other shows that I can't miss are:
And Stargate: Atlantis. I know Atlantis is into its third season, but the episodes up here haven't caught up yet. It's still in continuous reruns of season one. Season two is running on Fox, but not prime time. I think it's on a couple times through the day on the weekends. I record it Sundays at 2 am, however they keep flipping the schedule back and forth between 1:30 and 2 am, so I need to constantly check and adjust the recording times. Frustrating to say the least, I only got the first half hour of the episode this past weekend.

Other shows I watch when hanging out in front of the TV are the crime dramas: NCIS, CSI (though I'm not so into Miami as I am the original or NY), Bones, Numbers, Crossing Jordan and Criminal Minds. I've also watched a new show, Psych. And The Unit isn't bad either.

So, although I try not to waste my life away in front of the TV, I usually manage to get in two hours a night. Except Tuesdays when there's nothing on at 10 pm - though I've watched Smith a couple times then, but I don't think it's going to make it. It was replaced with a repeat of CSI last night.

I don't think it's bad to watch TV in moderation. I find the hour or two watching TV before going to bed helps me relax. If I don't get that down time I'm restless and anxious about going to bed. And media and TV are a big part of our society, so watching TV, movies, reading magazines keeps us connected.

It would be cool to get a job in the TV/movie industry.

No comments: