A recent article in USA Today includes some behind-the-scene shots on the set of Iron Man.
Apparently Jeff Bridges is quite the creative guy and doesn't leave home without his Widelux panoramic camera documenting his life and his work, including photos from the set of his most recent role as Obadiah Stane in Iron Man.
- 10,000 times faster than a typical broadband connection
- Capable of downloading entire feature films in seconds
- Able to transmit holographic images
- Allow instant online games with hundreds of thousands of players
- High-definition video telephony for the price of a local call
CERN, the particle physics center based in Geneva that created the web, has built The Grid, capable of the above and probably more.
Though it will be awhile (possibly a long while) before you would ever see this in your home, just imagine the possibilities.
"It has already been used to help design new drugs against malaria by analyzing 140m compounds, an undertaking that would have taken 420 years on a standard internet-linked PC."