Saturday

Step Up

(Warning movie spoiler)

I'm going to start sounding like I'm whipped. First I write about The Devil Wears Prada, now I'm writing about this.

I just watched Step Up with my wife. It actually wasn't that bad; there was enough boys 'n the hood and basketball in it. The music wasn't bad either.

It was actually a kind of inspirational movie. Though in the movie the guys didn't come around until the one's little brother was shot. Then they realized that there's more to life than hangin out at parties and boosting cars.

My wife asked me if I thought that there was one thing that each person was really good at, better than everyone else. I'm not sure that I would go so far as to say 'better than everyone else," but I do believe that there is one talent that each person is good at and that they can become famous for; whether it's dancing, singing, playing basketball or even building a real estate empire like Donald Trump.

It's then up to each of us to find that one thing, that thing that we really love and would fight for. Now I have to think what is that one thing for me...

My wife asked if I knew what that was. I know that there are lots of things that I'm really good at, but the real question is what do I really love, what skill or talent can I develop and become famous for.

I guess you could say that's everyone's raison d'ĂȘtre, their purpose in life. Is there somthing you would fight for? something you could become famous for? Will you step up and fight like Pluto to be recognised as a real planet as opposed to sitting back and being labeled a pluton?

No comments: