Monday

Mamma Mia

Mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go-
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me-

Oh sorry, wrong song.

Mamma mia, here I go again
My my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again?
My my, just how much I've missed you

First, I just want to say that Pierce Brosnan singing is just wrong on so many levels. I will admit he got a little better, but his first song was just really wrong.

I don't know who thought he would be good in a musical. I think they were just trying to find some middle aged guy who would appeal to the middle aged women who are the biggest demographic for this.

Yes, I will admit I did go see it in the theatre. But I want to quickly add that it was with my wife. I have to give in every once in awhile in hopes that she'll see the more action-packed movies with me. (Doesn't work too often, but I can keep hoping.)

As chick flicks go it did have some pretty funny moments. And I must say that Merryl Streep looks pretty good at 59. (Amanda Seyfried isn't half bad either :)

No comments: