Monday

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight definitely lives up to the hype. I won't write too much about it because I don't want to give too much away if you're one of the few who still haven't seen it.

I think all the talk of it being too violent for kids is a bit overrated, but then again I don't have kids, so what do I know. I did however see this with a friend and his nine-year-old who seemed to fair pretty well through it.

It continues to break records reaching for and possibly surpassing the infamous $600M mark held by Titanic.

Though a really great movie, most of the hype and record-breaking is being attributed to Heath Ledgers' passing, so whether all this attention can sustain a future movie is up in the air.

It's pretty certain that the Joker won't appear in any movies for a very long time as Heath Ledger's portrayal and subsequent demise pretty much ruin the chances of any other actor successfully pulling it off.

No comments: