Thursday

On My Way for $25!!

I just received an e-mail from Air Canada promoting their new On My Way service. They're calling it "The new name for peace of mind."

This service offers, for a fee, stuff like:
  • Access to specialized agents who are available around the clock to address your needs
  • Priority rebooking on the first flight out (with Air Canada or another airline)
  • The option of a complimentary rental car, train ticket or bus ticket
  • Food vouchers and a hotel room if needed
This is all stuff that I would expect for free and in fact was actually free at one time. And now they're marketing it as something special that distinguishes them from everyone else... IF you pay them an extra $25.

Sure I realize that air lines are getting hit pretty hard by the high cost of gas, but I think they could be a bit more open in their marketing.

Do they really think we're that stupid that we can't see through this?!?

No comments: